I hope you’re having a splendid weekend, friends. Here are some internet-y things that have taken my fancy this past week:
- This fabulous 50s hair tutorial makes me want to go blonde so I can have lovely Marilyn-esque curls like these
- Tuppence Ha’Penny has put up an excellent series of FAQ-style posts for collecting/wearing vintage, including this overview of 20th century fashion eras and this guide to dating vintage clothes – both are wonderfully informative
- My lovely friends Jesse and Tim have a blog these days: “Like Johnny and June”
- Penny Dreadful wrote up this very eloquent response to a recent kerfuffle on twitter, defending vintage and everybody’s right to wear it as they choose
- This article written by fierce feminist Laurie Penny is a very well-written and interesting discussion of misogyny on the internet
If you’re in Sydney this week, you should definitely come to Old Hat: The November Social to hang out with myself and other fun vintage-loving friends for an evening of cocktails and lively banter. It will be worth your while!
I hope your weekend lasts forever.